Do you enjoy driving? Would you like to help transport our animals between boarding facilities, animal centres, vet appointments and foster care?
RSPCA Herts East are a local branch of the RSPCA and having recently purchased our very own van, we are looking for volunteer van drivers.
If you have a valid driving licence, some spare time and live in or around the Baldock area, then you could support our vital work by moving animals in and around our area and further afield to other branches and animal centres. The role will be based from our the office in Baldock, where a van will be available for use.
Our volunteer drivers get to meet lots of different RSPCA staff and volunteers, and also meet other animal care professionals in their local area. You’ll also get a buzz by knowing your actions are helping animals.
- The role can involve long journeys (arranged in advance) and you will be required to use a van supplied by RSPCA
- We’ll supply any kit required to transport animals safely
- The role involves cleaning of animal transport equipment and the van interior after each use, and minimal paperwork (training will be given)
- This role will primarily involve journeys during weekdays but also -potentially outside of office hours where emergency animal movement is needed.
- Online training, a driving declaration and a face-to-face induction will need to be undertaken before starting the role
So, if you’ve got the drive to volunteer with RSPCA Herts East Branch, please apply to email@example.com